Redcar is a Town on the northeast
coast of England, in Yorkshire, 54
miles northeast of York. This is the
furthest north Beach Town in
Redcar is popular for its
Entertainment Centre with large Boating
Pond, Beaches, Diners, Amusements,
Beacon for views over the Beaches,
Museum, Flowrider indoor watersports,
Park with a Lake, Tennis & Kids
Racing, and Kirkleatham Museum and Owl
Centre 2 miles west.
For Images on Mobile swipe right
HD Video /
The image top is of the Tuned.In.Redcar at the north end of
Redcar Beach for Entertainment with a Cafe,
Sand Pit, and Boating Lake.
Towards the centre of the Beach is the
Steel Making Sculpture, erected in 2013 to
represent the Towns connection to Fishing and
Next to the Steel Sculpture is the
Bandstand and 9 Penguin Sculptures place here
in 1994. The Penguins were temporarily
removed twice, first for the 2006 filming of
where Redcar Beach was used to Film a scene
for a Beach Landing during World War Two.
The Penguins were removed again while the
Beach Front was re-developed, with them being
returned in 2013.
The Regent Cinema is at the centre of the
Beach area, built in 1935. This Cinema was
closed in 2018 due to structural problems,
with plans now being sought for it to be
replaced by a Modern Metal & Glass
Building with three Screens.
At the centre of the Beach area is The
Beacon, 80 feet high with great views all
around from the top, also with a Bar Diner,
and Old Photos of the Town when it was really
busy in the late 1800s and early 1900s.
The Beacon was opened in 2013 where the
Old Pier used to be situated. The Old Pier was
completed in 1873 at 1300 feet long for boats
bringing tourist to Redcar, with a Pavilion
and Ballroom at the Pier. The Old Pier closed
in 1980 after being declared unsafe, with it
being demolished in 1981.
The Promenade south of The Beacon is the
busiest part of Redcar with a number of
Amusements and Cafes.
The Zetland Lifeboat
Museum is on the South Promenade, with
the Zetland being to Oldest Surviving
Lifeboat in the World.
The High Street is close to the South
Promenade at The Beacon, where most of the
Shops can be found.
On the High Street is the King Edward
Clock, erected in 1913 in memory of King